Whilst it was no secret a redesigned Xbox 360 would be shown off at this year’s E3, for once though no photos leaked out of the factories beforehand. An official Microsoft advert appeared on Facebook a few hours too early but for all intents and purposes, Microsoft did a good job keeping it under wraps. So what is different about the Microsoft Xbox Elite Slimline console?
- Goodbye matte finish, hello very shiny (and reflective) coating
- Roughly two thirds the size of the original
- Xbox 360 Controller gets a new colour too
- Not fully disclosed yet but a smaller motherboard and chipset are a given
- 250GB Hard Drive that slots into the base of the console
- Improved disc tray
- Touch control Power and Eject buttons
- Built in Wireless N Receiver
- Power pass-through port for Microsoft Kinect (Project Natal)
- We can probably expect the smaller and cooler CPU and GPU to be a bit more efficient
- Near silent running, large and quiet cooling fan
The new Xbox 360 Elite Slim release date is this week, time to go shopping I think!
Buy Xbox 360 Slimline Elite now
New: Buy an Xbox 360 Slimline Elite from Amazon.com